About Me

Welcome! My name is Kayla and I am originally from Calgary, AB. I have been playing piano since the age of nine and have been involved in music my whole life. On top of piano, i’ve had experience with many other instruments including guitar, ukulele, violin, trombone (junior high & high school band) and singing in choir! I am a recognized piano teacher through the Royal Conservatory of Music in Canada as well as a Yamaha International Certified teacher.

I am currently a student at the University of Victoria majoring in Piano Performance under professor Arthur Rowe. I obviously love classical music – my favourite styles in particular include the Romantic and Impressionist eras. Some of favourite composers include Schubert, Chopin and Debussy! I also love experimenting with improvisation and different modern styles.

One of my biggest passions in life is to share music, teach music and inspire others to appreciate music in their everyday lives. I believe music plays a big role in this world and has a place in everyone.